Why You Need To Switch Over To Safety Razors, Lately, more and more people have started to use safety razors instead of cartridge razors. This traditional gadget is coming back into popularity, as people have begun to discover how effective it truly is.
But despite that, a large number of people still don’t know about safety razors and how excellent they are at delivering a smooth, even shave every single time.
In this article, we’re telling you why you should start using safety razors and what it is about them that makes us such fans.
What Are Safety Razors?
Safety razors are a traditional, simplistic type of razor. They contain a single, double-edged blade that is protected on all sides by a casing. They were initially invented to allow people with little experience to shave without risking injury or hurt.
This design remained widespread for a long time, and safety razors were known for durability and efficiency. However, as time passed, cartridge razors, which were cheaper to make and buy, came into markets and soon displaced safety razors.
But thankfully, in recent times, safety razors have come back into style, and there are some great brands in the market right now that are releasing affordable, high-quality safety razors which will last you a long time. While many options are available, we are a fan of the Merkur 23C Long Handle Safety Razor, which combines efficiency with ease of use perfectly.
Why Use A Safety Razor
A safety razor is an excellent alternative to disposable cartridge razors, and if you haven’t given it a try yet, you definitely should now. Here’s a list of reasons why you need to make the switch ASAP.
- Great Shave Every Time – The single blade of a safety razor manages to deliver a close shave and cleanly cuts off your hair right at the base. This is unlike cartridge razors, whose multiple blades tend to cut the hair deeper and increase the chances of razor burn and swelling. Safety razors also glide over the skin well and do a smooth job every time.
- Accessible To Use – Safety razors, especially long-handle razors, are easy and convenient to use and suitable for long-time shavers and beginners. Due to their flat design, cartridge razors are harder to angle. On top of that, they also have rubber elements that stretch the skin out as you shave, which can be pretty uncomfortable. But safety razors are easy to grip, and you can freely adjust your skin to an angle that is best for you.
- Lowered Irritation – Due to the presence of multiple blades that run over the same patch of skin at once, cartridge razors can be more irritating for your skin. It can lead to more irritation, redness, razor burn, and more. However, since safety razors have only one blade going over your skin at one time, your skin suffers more minor, and you get a better shave.
- Suitable For All Shavers – You must have noticed in the departmental store shelves that cartridge razors come in various options for men and women separately. This separation is useless and is primarily used as a marketing tool to sell more. There is nothing of such sort when it comes to safety razors. They are a one-fits-all product that is suitable for everyone, regardless of gender.
- Environmentally Safe – Safety razors are not only safe for you but safe for the environment. Safety razors are made of biodegradable materials, and they are easily recyclable. But they are long-lasting as well, which means you’ll be able to use a safety razor for a few years with ease, unlike cartridge razors, which need frequent replacement. Making sustainable choices at this point is crucial, given how pollution in both land and ocean gets worse every day, and almost 2 billion disposable razors reach landfills annually.
- Cost-Savings – Safety razors are much more cost-effective if you look at your expenses in the long run. Cartridge razors need constant replacing. Not only do you have to change the blades frequently, but the razor itself needs replacement as well. Whereas, safety razors are pretty much a one-time expense, once in a couple of years, if you keep them safe and away from moisture and humidity. The only thing you need to replace is the blade inside, which is cheap and will hardly cost you a thing.