Use Castor oil for the face, Acne and skin, Castor oil is a vegetable oil that gets from castor beans. It is colourless but has a unique Odor and taste. It is used in soaps and lubricants manufacturing, used in brake fluids, waxes and polishes, paints, inks, nylon, cold resistant plastics, perfumes etc. It is famous as the source of ricin oleic acid. It is a natural treatment for different problems. Castor oil has antimicrobial properties and is useful for the skin. We will discuss the benefits, properties, usage and different side effects of castor oil in this article.
Properties of Castor oil:
- Castor oil pressed from castor beans and is a colourless liquid.
- Castor oil has a distinct taste from other oils.
- Its density is 0.961 g/cm3.
- The boiling point of Castor oil is 313 °C (595 °F.
- Castor oil has linoleic and Oleate components.
Uses of Castor Oil:
Use Castor oil as Laxative:
Castor oil is also used as a laxative. When castor oil is packed, by soaking a cloth in oil, it enhances blood circulation when applied to the skin. It can promote the healing of the tissues and organs. Some medical practitioners suggest castor oil for improving liver function and improving digestion. Castor oil is good for pain relief and reducing inflammation. It is also beneficial for constipation. Many types of research proved that Seven days of treatment with castor oil is very effective for constipation.
Use Castor oil as Food and preservative :
Castor oil is also beneficial for preserving food. In the food industry, castor oil is used for the flavourings in candies, chocolates etc. It is also used in the packaging. In different countries, food grains are preserved by the use of castor oil. It can save wheat, rice and pulses from rotting.
Use Castor oil in Medical:
- Castor oil is used in many antifungal medicines like Miconazole.
- Castor oil is also used in cancer chemotherapy.
- It is used in different medicines used in the treatment of skin ulcers.
- It is mostly used in medicine to induce labour in pregnant women.
- It is also used in immunosuppressive drugs.
Use Castor oil for skin health:
Castor oil is beneficial for the skin. It can be used for the treatment of wrinkles. It is good for dry skin and improves skin quality. It can be used as an effective skin lubricant combined with other oils like organ oil and avocado oil etc.
Use Castor oil in cosmetics:
Castor oil is also used in cosmetics products. It is used in many creams as a moisturizer. Castor oil is used in soaps to increase the lathering. It is also used in such products that are used for acne treatment.
Use Castor oil for hairs:
Research of 2003 shows that it can improve your hair by increasing its lustre. It is used to enhance the hair conditioning in hair products. It has anti-dandruff properties. That’s why it is frequently used in the shampoos and hair conditioners used for dandruff.
Use Castor oil in industrial chemicals:
Castor oil is used as a bio-based polyol in the polyurethane industry. It is widely used as a rigid polyol and in coatings. Castor oil is also used with other chemical compounds for many different applications. Castor oil is used in different lubricants for diesel, jet and racing engines.
Other Uses of Castor oil:
Castor oil is used for many other purposes. It is used in the treatment of Arthritis. It is used for Yeast infections. Castor oil is useful for Migraines. It is helpful in menstrual cramps, Multiple sclerosis, Cerebral palsy and sunburn.
Side effects of Castor oil:
Castor oil has many benefits and uses in daily life, but at the same time, it has many side effects that are given below:
- It can cause diarrhoea and dizziness.
- Castor oil can shorten your breath and can be the reason for chest pain.
- It can be the reason for throat tightness if its doses are more than 15 to 60 mL per day.
- You can suffer from abdominal cramps by excessive use of castor oil.
- Castor oil might also cause Hallucinations when it is used for more than a week.
Safety Warnings from Castor oil:
The whole castor seed is unsafe. The coaster seed’s outer coating is harmful to humans because it contains a deadly poison that may cause different problems like diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting and shock, etc. Even that it can be the cause of death.
Pregnant women should consult with their doctors before using castor oil. It can be harmful to such women.
Parents should consult with a paediatrician about the usage of castor oil for Infants.