Facing skin dryness? Regardless of the cause which can be aging, environmental factors or some underlying skin condition, dry skin it always something uncomfortable to have. Its all patchy and itchy. So if you are one of those looking for the the best tips for getting rid of dry skin, then you are in for a run. There are just so many treatments available on the internet to address the issue. Yet somehow, not all of them will be effective. Then you need to get your hands on the best tips for getting rid of dry skin.
Well, you have come just to the right place. Dry skin, more commonly known as xerosis, is a condition in which the skin lacks enough moisture in its most outer layer. When you leave it like that, the skin will crack and at times become infected too. Therefore, it is highly important to moisturize your dry skin. Having said that, there may be a lot of over-the-counter treatments available but some of them can be too expensive while others just ineffective.
We, in this piece, will explore all those home remedies that actually work for that dry skin.
The Best Tips for Getting Rid of Dry Skin At Home
You have a variety of options to choose from when it comes to treating dry skin.
Sunflower Seed Oil
- There was a study conducted in 2013 that showed using sunflower seed oil helps in improving the hydration of the skin. This was, in fact used as a moisturizer. But one another study showed that if you use olive oil as the same, it can damage the barrier of the skin. This study suggested that you cannot use all natural oils for the purpose of moisturizing the skin.
- This is yet another amazing ingredient you can find in your home that will help treat dry skin. Its a natural ingredient you can add to your bath – make sure its powdered – will help relieve the dry skin. If not that, you can also use creams that contain the ingredient. There was a study in 2015 which showed that the extracts from the natural substance had anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This study thus suggested that the oatmeal has the power to treat skin that have dried.
- Coconut oil is yet another natural oil that will effective work on dry skin in treating it. A study held in 2014 confirmed that the oil was rather safe to use as well as effective; equally as petroleum jelly for the purpose of treating dry skin. The natural ingredient can hydrate the skin significantly. Yet at the same time, the oil has the tendency to increase the lipids’ (fats) number on your skin’s surface.
There was yet another study based on this ingredient conducted in 2016. This one found that coconut oil consists of saturated fatty acids. These acids contain emollient properties. Now if you are wondering what emollient is, it’s a fat or an oil which acts like a moisturizer. It fills all those gaps in the dry skin and makes it smooth.
- Here is yet another one of The Best Tips for Getting Rid of Dry Skin to add to the list. Milk has the tendency to provide relief from skin that is dry. But you are not supposed to apply this on the skin for this purpose. There have been researches done in 2015 which suggest that when you include milk in your diet, it can help it treating dry skin. However, this study was conducted on mice and proven this way. This said, there are still some number of researches required to affirm the benefits of milk for dry skin when included in diet.
- There was a review done in 2012 on a research which notes that there have been studies showing honey as one of those ingredients that can be beneficial for a number of skin diseases. Many studies show honey as a healing, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing ingredient. All these qualities are those which prove that when you use honey to treat dry skin, its perhaps The Best Tips for Getting Rid of Dry Skin and most ideal at-home ingredient. The best part, the ingredient is completely natural and you don’t have to worry its direct application on the skin.
- The other common name of this product is mineral oil. For decades, petroleum jelly has been used as a moisturizer. There was a study conducted in 2017 which found that in older people, after they used petroleum jelly, their skin barrier improved considerably. This is one of those finding which can be proven beneficial is supporting the use of this product in order to get rid of dry skin. And if you have aged, this is the ideal choice.
- According to a study in 2003, Aloe Vera has the ability to offer relief from dry skin. When you have dry skin, its best that you liberally apply the natural ingredient and let your body soak it. This will have amazing results.
So here, we have shared with you The Best Tips for Getting Rid of Dry Skin. All of these are beneficial in their own way. You can use these to the best and get rid of this dry skin nuisance.