5 Reasons to switch to natural organic soaps for your skin, Skin is our body’s largest organ, and how we treat it has a massive impact on our overall health. Since our skin is amazingly porous and absorbent, it is a proven fact that toxic chemicals can be drawn through the skin and penetrate the underlying bloodstream, causing severe chronic damage to our health. Unfortunately, most of the marketplace’s soaps contain harsh chemicals derived from ominous petroleum-based products.
The short-term effects of topical use of these soaps are several skin issues like itchiness, breakouts, and inflammation of the skin. A feasible and healthy alternative to these soaps is organic cold-pressed soaps that are made with nourishing nut butter, natural fruit and vegetable extracts, organic cold-pressed oils, gentle clays, eco-friendly exfoliants, and antioxidant-rich teas and therapeutic essential oils that convert your ablutions to luxurious spa time every time you use them. It is time that we educate ourselves on the products we apply to our bodies.
These organic cold-pressed soaps are prepared by soap producers in small quantities with utmost care and dedication. As a result, they are safe for use and also make excellent presents on almost all occasions.
The many wonders of natural organic soaps on your skin.
Benefits of natural organic soaps
There are various reasons to switch to naturally-made organic soaps:
● The goodness of glycerine: Most organic soaps contain glycerine as an essential constituent. Glycerine is a natural emollient that attracts moisture from our surroundings and locks it onto our skin. It has a wonderfully transformative effect on most people’s skin. The cold-process method used in manufacturing natural soaps ensures that the glycerine binds with the soap molecules and keeps the skin supple and the moisture intact. For this very reason, it finds usage in creams, lotions, soaps, and moisturizers.
● Therapeutic: Organic soaps are packed with essential oils, butter, and clays with an inherent therapeutic quality. They also have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-microbial, and other nourishing properties. In addition, the coconut oil in the natural soaps makes it alkaline and maintains the skin’s natural pH level around 9-10. Thus, the skin’s natural barrier is maintained, and such a soap acts as a better cleanser.
● Natural ingredients: Handmade organic soaps use a wide array of natural products to make a rich concoction. These soaps contain ample essential oils, gentle clay, nut butter, and fruit and vegetable oils that are overflowing in vitamins, antioxidants, exfoliants, and other essential nutrients that are helpful to maintain supple and nourished skin. In addition, these essential oils add to the much-needed aromatherapy and therapeutic nature of these soaps.
● Boost local business: Since synthetic soaps dominate the market, most organic soap manufacturers start their work as small business ventures. The handmade soap producers do the whole work of research, manufacturing, packaging, distribution, and promoting their organic products and brand themselves. Rather than spending much on commercialized artificial products, one can easily buy from these local small vendors. It will boost their confidence and help in their growth in the soap market. Being aware of local products becomes especially necessary if we wish to invest in sustainability.
● Eco-friendly: Most of the soaps available today boast harsh chemicals like sodium sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate. They exploit our skin of the natural oils and essential moisture, leaving it dry and irritable. These soaps further pollute the natural resources into which they are dumped. They are responsible for destroying the oceanic flora and fauna gradually. On the other hand, organic soaps use natural ingredients in their making, which is good for both the skin and the environment. These natural soaps provide much more prosperous and silkier lather than their synthetic counterparts.
Natural and organic soaps are gradually making a return to many bathrooms and kitchens across the globe today. Many consumers are now particular and curious about their skin’s health and overall health and the products they use to sustain it daily. Also, a staggering 40% of people worldwide identify themselves to have sensitive skin. It thus becomes imperative to protect our body’s first line of defence against germs and take it into serious consideration. Since the popular commercialized soaps contain synthetic detergents, it is just to consider them a cosmetic, not a soap. Thus, why should anyone choose a cosmetic to cleanse oneself over soap? Detergent soaps characteristically mask odour more than they can clean.
Organic soaps are made from scratch by small manufacturers with totally raw ingredients through hot or cold processes. The freezing process method of creating organic soaps keeps all the nourishing ingredients like glycerine intact within the final product. Instead of extracting appropriate information through animal testing due to the inherent chemicals used in soap, organic soaps are cruelty-free and can derive test results from human bodies themselves.