There was a time I was afraid, slightly ashamed, to take my shoes off in public. Do you want to know the reason? Well, I believe you’ve pretty much guessed it, right?! Its cracked heels! And how to remove cracked heels was a mystery unsolved back then.
Luckily, the internet is full of some cold and effective remedies for the ‘how to fix cracked heels permanently’ part. I tried some and voila, the problem just banished.
Now, the ‘how to remove cracked heels’ is just a chapter in life I’ve left far behind me.
However, noticing from why you’re here, I assume you are willing to know the same thing I wanted to years back which was ‘what are the cracked heels causes’, ‘why dry, cracked feet fungus occur’, and ‘how to heal deep cracked heels?’.
Well, hold your horses because I’m getting to these parts right away. Using natural oils like sesame and coconut oil for cracked heels can prove highly beneficial.
Cracked Heels Causes – What Leads To Cracked Heels?
Now let’s have a closer look at some other combining factors leading to cracking of the heels;
- Standing for a longer period.
- Long showers under hot water.
- Walking around the house with slippers that are open-back or not wearing anything at all.
- Using harsh products, especially the soap. The soaps may have chemicals that can strip the delicate skin from its natural and beneficial oils.
- Unfitted shoes. Can be both too tight or too loose. In both cases, a shoe with no better heel support.
- Dry skin.
It’s imperative that you use a moisturizer on your dry skin to prevent further from the Double Ds –dryness and damage. Cracked heels causes can be many, but giving it the right treatment is a must.
Can There Be Any Medical Causes?
Yes, there can be many. But one of them we’d like to mention here is explicitly fungal infection. For instance, the Jock Itch is a dry, cracked feet fungus infection that causes the condition under discussion.
Similarly, the Athlete’s Foot can also be considered a dry, cracked feet fungus medical condition.
The other common causes may include;
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Atopic Dermatitis, to name a few
Treating the dry, cracked feet fungus medical condition is pivotal because it can lead to further problems if not taken care of at the right time.
How To Heal Deep Cracked Heels – Special Homemade Remedies For Cracked Heels
When it comes to how to fix cracked heels permanently, your kitchen can be considered nothing less than a treasure trove. It has got all those fantastic products with which how to heal deep cracked heels is not an issue anymore. The products may have some medicinal value as well to treat specific ailments like dry, cracked feet fungus infection.
We already know that the cracked heels causes include lack of care and attention the feet require. Therefore, How to Remove Cracked Heels and repair it back to normal should be on top of our list.
Sesame Oil For Cracked Heels
- How to Remove Cracked Heels with sesame oil? Well, this is a relatively natural remedy you can apply almost every day. It’s best, and you do it before you go to sleep.
- All you need are a few drops of sesame oil that you can apply to the affected areas. Give it a good rub so that the oil absorbs properly.
- The best thing about the oil is it’s an excellent nourisher and moisturizer for the skin, especially the cracked parts. It has a deep impact on the skin and will be beneficial in fixing the cracks in the skin quite effectively and efficiently.
Coconut Oil For Cracked Heels
Repairing cracked heels with coconut oil is something we’ve all tried once, and it has worked wonders. Let’s check out the remedy of coconut oil for cracked heels to fix cracked heels permanently.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil for cracked heels. Apply the oil liberally on both feet, especially the broken parts. After application, slip the socks on and go straight to bed.
- In the morning, you can bathe the usual way.
- If you keep on doing this daily for a few days, you will notice the difference yourself. Your feet will feel soft and smooth, and the cracks will start vanishing.
- There is another remedy you can try with coconut oil for cracked heels.
- Mix in a bowl a few drops, 3-4 perhaps, of coconut oil and some paraffin wax. Note that you can also use mustard oil instead of coconut oil. It’s a suitable replacement.
- Stir thoroughly while heating the mixture on the stove and let it melt properly.
- Now let the mixture cool down to room temperature before you paste your feet with the mixture.
- If you’re looking for quick and favourable results, do this before you hit the sack. Apply and put a pair of socks on and sleep peacefully.
- Wash the feet in the morning. Doing this every two to three times a week can be helpful.
- If you are a diabetic patient, then it’s recommended you don’t try this method. Also, you shouldn’t put the feet in the paraffin wax while it’s still hot.
How coconut oil for cracked heels works? Well, the oil is very helpful in hydrating the skin. It can help to heal deep cracked heels or fix cracked heels permanently. It’s highly beneficial in removing all the dead cells and providing the moisture with the skin needs. The coconut oil can easily penetrate the deep layers of the skin while providing the nourishment it needs. Now you know how to heal deep cracked heels or how to fix cracked heels permanently. It’s with the use of coconut oil how to remove cracked heels is achieved.
Rice Flour, Honey, And Cider Vinegar For Cracked Heels
- In a bowl, add three tablespoons rice flour, a couple of tablespoons of cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. Stir well to form a thick paste.
- Now, before applying the mixture on the feet, you need to soak them in lukewarm water for nearly 10 minutes. Pat dry the feet and apply the mixture.
- This paste will serve as a scrub; therefore, rub it gently on the feet to remove all the dead cells.
- Do this every two to three times a week. You will get the results you’re looking for very soon.
Vegetable Oil For Cracked Heels
Wash the feet thoroughly and pat dry. Now take some vegetable oil and rub gently on both feet, especially the affected area. You can also apply a slightly thicker layer on the toes and heels.
- Take a pair of clean socks that are comfortable to wear and put them on. Leave it like that overnight.
- It’s best you do this before going to sleep. Soon, you will see the cracks disappearing.
- There’s no harm in doing this every night. But alternate days can also be a good option.
- The hydrogenated oil contains fats which nourish the skin. It’s also very beneficial in healing cracked heels.
- Use vegetable oil regularly if you wish to heal deep cracked heels.
Lemon Juice And Vaseline For Cracked Heels
- How to remove cracked heels with the use of Lemon Juice and Vaseline? Well, we have the answer right here for you.
- Take a tablespoon of Vaseline in a bowl and add about 3-4 drops of lemon juice. Stir well.
- Now, before the application of this mixture, soak your feet in warm water. Let them sit there for about 20 minutes.
- Once you’re done, dry the feet and then apply the Vaseline on the affected parts, including the heels.
- Wear a pair of woollen socks and leave it overnight. The next day, you can wash the feet with lukewarm water. You will feel the feet smooth and soft.
- Regular application will produce favourable results.
- The moisturizing agents in Vaseline are beneficial in getting rid of achy, dry skin.
Lemon Slide And Vinegar For Cracked Heels
This remedy requires following several steps to make sure you don’t miss out on any. But this is very beneficial when it comes to how to remove cracked heels.
- File the cracked heels with the help of a foot filer.
- Once you’ve done that, rub a slice of lemon on the affected heels. Do this for more than 5 minutes.
- Now in a bucket with warm water, add some vinegar and shower gel. Let your feet sit in this water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now take the feet out, and with the use of a shower gel, clean up the heels properly.
- Wash the feet after a thorough cleaning.
- Take a metal filer to file the heels again.
- Now, in a spoon, add some BOROLINE and heat it on the stove. Make sure to use a silver spoon.
- Apply the heated component on your cracked heels.
- Once you’ve done, you need to wear socks and let it be for the night.
Our Final Thought
Now that you’re well aware of all the cracked heels causes and what can cause dry, cracked feet fungus medical condition, it’s best you treat it wisely too.
How to Remove Cracked Heels shouldn’t be at all too hard for you when there are so many effective remedies to follow. All the what’s, why’s and how’s like How to Remove Cracked Heels? How to heal deep cracked heels? And how to fix cracked heels permanently?
That said, how to remove cracked heels and that too effectively is imperative.