Apple cider vinegar has, for a long time, been touted as one of the most versatile products that we have in our kitchen. Aside from cooking and cleaning, you can use apple cider vinegar to treat a wide array of diseases and health conditions.
Here’s a look into some of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
RELIEVES HEARTBURN AND ACID REFLUX
Acid reflux occurs when you have minimal amounts of acid in your stomach. To enhance the acid content in your stomach, drink a solution of 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and one glass of water.
BOOSTS HEALTHY CHOLESTEROL
Besides supporting healthy cholesterol, ACV also prevents oxidation or arterial damage, normally attributed to high cholesterol.
EFFECTIVE IN HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS
ACV has acetic acid that helps suppress one’s appetite. In so doing, it increases metabolism while reducing water retention. This is a great combination if you want to shed some extra kilos.
UPHOLDS HEALTHY BLOOD SUGAR
ACV has powerful anti-glycemic properties, which support healthy blood sugar levels. The vinegar inhibits some starch digestion. This prevents the starch from raising blood sugar.
HAS ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES
With its high antioxidant content, ACV contributes to keeping your body healthy and functioning smoothly.
ENHANCES NUTRIENT ABSORPTION
- With its acetic acid, ACV effectively increases the body’s absorption of essential minerals from the foods you eat.
- Consider adding ACV to your salad dressing to help you draw more nutrients from the leafy greens.
- If you want to consume ACV every day, simply add two tablespoons to a glass of water.
- You can add a tablespoon of honey or lemon to improve its taste.
- It is highly advisable to use only organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.