Signs Of Ovarian Cancer That Might Kill You Silently
Ovarian cancer can frequently show some signs, but if you do not know to recognize them, it may silently cause severe consequences. Therefore, you need to know its symptoms:
- Increased abdominal size/persistent bloating
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Persistent pelvic or abdominal pain (pain in the abdomen and below)
- Frequent or urgent need for urination
- Changes in bowel movements
- Feeling tired or low energy
Other symptoms may appear as well, such as loss of appetite, changes in bowel habits, extreme fatigue (feeling very tired), or unexplained weight loss. Moreover, note that any post-menopausal bleeding is a reason to visit your GP.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer can be:
- Persistent – they last and don’t go away
- New – they are not typical for you and may have started in the last year
- Frequent – they usually happen more than 12 times a month
Hence, if you experience these signs often and are not typical for you, you should visit your GP. They are probably not linked to a severe health issue, but you need to consult a professional.
Nevertheless, you need to remember that frequent urination, bloating, pain in the tummy, and constantly feeling full could indicate ovarian cancer. Therefore, you need to take care of your health, and it is advisable to keep a diary to note the symptoms, how frequently they appear accurately and give all the essential information to your GP.
Moreover, note down if you think the symptoms are gradually getting worse or stop you from doing an activity that you would generally be involved in.
It is of great importance to talk to your GP and explain all the new symptoms. Moreover, it is crucial to inform him if two or more relatives in your close family have had ovarian or breast cancer.